- Robotic loading/unloading
- Automated fresh media filling
- Automated gas-permeable plate sealing
- Barcode scanning
- Up to 2400 picks/hour (typical)
- 99+% inoculation success (typical)
- Capacity of up to 225 colony plates
- All RapidPick models fit well in anaerobic chambers (ideal for microbiota research)
The RapidPick series consists of three different categories, based on the central colony picking component of the system:
- Single-Pin Systems: The RapidPick SP is a single-pin picker for users who need RapidPick accuracy, but only require modest throughput. The source plate can be either petri dishes, segmented plates or Omni-Trays. The standard software allows for microbial colony picking, cherry picking, re-arraying and plate replication.
- 20 Pin Colony Picking Systems: Built around the RapidPick MP instrument, we offer three different systems: MP, Lite, and Complete which contain an increasing number of supporting components. This series offers the highest-throughput automated bacterial colony-picking solutions available anywhere, saves lab space and can easily fit into anaerobic chambers.
- Pipette Tip-Based Systems: The RapidPick Harvester includes a single-channel SOLO pipettor for extracting larger volumes of colonies from semi-solid and liquid media. The perfect device for extracting sample plugs of microbial colonies, stem cell clusters, or fungal samples.
Average inoculation rates of over 99% because of the continues picking from the source plate and placing to the destination plates. The major competitors use batch picking so there is a delay in placing colonies into the destination plate. The delay may weaken the bacteria or cause death.
These colony pickers have a small footprint so they can easily fit labs with limited space or into anaerobic chambers such as Coy Chambers and biosafety hoods. Hudson can provide chambers to showcase your workcells.
RapidPicks are designed to easily work with other Hudson instruments as well as instruments from other manufactures allowing for you to automate complete workflows. Add incubators, media dispensers, microplate sealers, barcode readers for data tracking and over 200 other instruments to your workcell.
The Hudson Robotics RapidPick family of colony Pickers, Liquid Handlers, Microplate Handling systems and Laboratory Automation software are used in a wide range of applications in Synthetic Biology and fields such as Microbiota Research:
- Clone Management
- Library Generation
- Phage Display
- Gene Assembly
- DNA transformation into Bacteria
- Plasmid Prep
- Protein Expression
- DNA/RNA/Protein extraction and purification
- Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS)
- Gene Construction
- Enzyme Evelution
- DNA and RNA normalization
- Microbiome Research
- Many More…