The NGS Workstation based on the SOLO automated pipettor integrated with all the devices necessary for your protocol.
Next Generation Sequencing
Hudson Robotics automates the Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) pipeline, for high-quality processing of ready-for-next-gen sample: DNA Normalization, Magnetic Beads (Ampure) cleanup, library construction and indexing, PCR Prep and PCR. Our competitive advantage is the simple, open design of the hardware and protocol development software allows you to pick any NGS library preparation kit or automate your own proprietary protocols easily. These workstations perform one or more tasks along the way from sample to NGS library prep:
- Hands-Free DNA Purification by vacuum, magnetic beads, or with our new Filter Press positive-pressure purification manifold.
- Up to Full-plate DNA Normalization– Connect your microplate reader, or import your reader data to prepare a fresh plate at a constant concentration.
- Automated Magnetic Beads (Ampure)- Easy, but tedious. The Solo has an accessory for walkaway magnetic beads purification of DNA- target enrichment, PCR cleanup
- Automated Next-Gen Library Prep and Indexing– The Solo is your favorite lab assistant for high-quality liquid handling in medium thruput.
- PCR Prep, PCR– The Solo Molecular Biology Workstation will do vector preparation, gene assembly, transformation, and plating. After automated colony picking with the RapidPick robot picker, you’ll incubate and return the culture block for plasmid preps. The Solo was made to perform at PCR volumes. It’s easy, agile, and reliable.
Simply set up the liquid handling steps in intuitive SoloSoft control software and go. Equipped with a broad dynamic volume range and the ability to handle reactions in a sterile environment. The NGS Workstation is about half the cost of other laboratory robotics platforms and has options of 6, 8, 10, or 12 microplate nests on the deck. The Workstation will fit into most biosafety cabinets, and fume hoods. The NGS Workstation can be loaded and operated manually, but is also compatible with robotic arms from most manufacturers, including Hudson’s PlateCrane EX. The small footprint and open design of the NGS Workstation’s automated pipettor provide easy integration with accessories, such as thermocyclers, heating and cooling nests, incubators, magnetic bead nests, automatable centrifuges, microplate readers and more. Our SoftLinx lab automation software has software Plug-ins to over 200 3rd party lab instruments.
Hudson Robotics has been automating laboratory applications like NGS since 1983. The Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Workstation can integrate anything, like your plate reader or washer. And it’s a real robot. It can import information like your plate reader data and automatically normalize DNA concentration.
If your NGS program is up and running, let’s talk about the precision (CV<1%) and throughput (24-hour operation) automation can provide.