The SciClops™ will change the way you think about laboratory robot systems for laboratory automation. With the SciClops, Hudson introduces revolutionary features for lab automation flexibility and ease-of-use: just move the SciClops near your instrument, and it does the rest! Reconfigure workcells or add and remove lab instruments to create new workcells in minutes. Use up to 15 microplate stacks or a microplate carousel for microplate storage. The SciClops is heavily used in assay development, cell biology, bioassay validation, DNA quantification, PCR setup and cleanup. Many labs have limited lab space. Save space in the lab by storing unused instruments in a closet and only use them when needed.
The SciClops enables anyone to locate the position of a microplate in the microplate stacks and in the nest of an instrument in under 1 minute per instrument. Now, you can move the SciClops robot onto a lab bench, move the instruments of the new workcell within its reach, and in minutes you will have a fully calibrated, ready-to-use automated lab workcell!
This video shows how easy it is to set up an instrument nest with the SciClops
The SciClops is the latest version of our cylindrical robot arm that is optimized for handling common labware. This includes microplates, reservoirs, and disposable tip racks. The SciClops is ideal for loading and unloading microplate-based lab instruments, such as readers, washers and reagent dispensers.
Now, researchers who can benefit from automating their protocols, but may only need this for a few days or weeks, can get all the benefits from automation without the risk of having a workcell that lies unused when the project is done. When you’re done, just move it down the bench or into a nearby lab that can use the benefits of automating a process, and in minutes, that workcell can be up and running. A new paradigm for using lab robots begins here!
Finally, a laboratory robot arm that Teaches Itself!
Eliminates the most common problem in benchtop robot systems: mishandled plates from inaccurate, inexperienced position calibrations.
Hudson’s SciClops is affordable and flexible enough for automating any plate-handling task.
Its great new features include:
- Integrated Vision Teaching
- 40% Larger Work Envelope
- Unlimited Rotation
• Handle any SBS standard microplate including 96, 384, 1536 as well as deep well blocks and tip boxes.
• Plug-and-Play USB computer interface (RS-232 also available).
• Automate plate handling with over 200 different instruments.
• Work with lidded or unlidded plates.
• Small enough to fit into a standard laboratory hood.
• Random access stacker option for RT incubation and kinetic assays.
• Add additional plates to active protocols with ease .
• All PlateCrane systems come with SoftLinx V Scheduling software. SoftLinx is an easy to use, drag and drop control program. Quickly and easily create automated methods.
• One (1) SciClops easily supports multiple instruments.
The PlateCrane is available with either a standard gripper* or a side gripper* for random access applications.
*Both grippers are rotary for working with either landscape or portrait nest positions
- Complete Vision Teaching is STANDARD in every SciClops
- 360°+ (unlimited) horizontal rotation for unparalleled flexibility.
- Comes standard with 5 stacks each stack holds 25 lidded plates, 30 plates without lids, or 9 DW blocks
- Plate capacity can be expanded to 15 stacks or up to three 10-stack carousels.
- 265 to 500 mm horizontal reach from center axis.
Vertical reach: maximum 559 mm from table; 457 mm vertical travel distance
Height and weight: 710 to 735 mm; 45lbs. without stacks
Operating temperature and humidity: 15° to 40°C ; 0 to 85%, non-condensing
Computer interface: USB or RS-232
Power input: 115V / 220V AC, 50/60 Hz ; 2A