Automated DNA Extraction, RNA Extraction or Protein Extraction
Hudson Robotics designs automated DNA extraction and RNA systems around your throughput requirements. Our DNA extraction and RNA extraction workstations greatly simplify the process of isolating pure nucleic acids and/or proteins from a wide variety of natural sources. These small space saving extraction systems can be design for labs with low throughput requirements where plates are manually loaded.
Higher throughput can be achieved using our PlateCrane EX™ or our SciClops™ robot arm for hours of hands-off processing time. The workcells can utilize Hudson’s family of liquid handling instruments or 3rd party manufacturers liquid handling instruments or other instruments such as automatable centrifuges. All instruments in the extraction workstation can be controlled by our powerful SoftLinx automation software. The Extraction System is packed with enhancements and features.
Support your favorite approach to DNA, RNA and Protein Extraction
- Filter plates support using the FilterPress
- Magnetic bead support using the Magnetic Bead Station
- Custom designed workstations for proprietary protocols
- Choose from well-known DNA extraction kits, RNA extraction kits or protein extraction kits such as Norgen and Promega
Hudson offers powerful options to fit into your pipeline
- Integrated thermocycler support of multiple manufacturers for PCR or qPCR amplification
- One workstation can save and run multiple protocols for extracting DNA, RNA and Proteins from Soil, Plants, Blood, etc.
Highly flexible software that’s easy-to-use:
- Based on our popular flow chart-based SoftLinx automation system
- Wizards allow technicians to choose which extraction they’ll run. A single screen then helps them set up their samples and plates.
- Part of Hudson’s new GO Technology
Integrated centrifuge allows complete automation of the entire process.
- Run multiple plates of samples by machine without user intervention.
- Low-temperature storage systems can be integrated into the system
The extraction system has been designed to run commercial kits that extract DNA, RNA and proteins from a variety of sources including:
- and more…
The system can be configured with any one, or all, of your favorite separation methods, including:
- vacuum filtration
- pressure filtration
- magnetic bead separation
The utility of the extraction system can be greatly enhanced by adding additional equipment in range of the robot arm to add direct downstream processing of the purified bio-molecules. Here are some examples of the potential versatility of combining the extraction system with additional equipment:
- Thermocycler: Direct amplification of the extracted and purified DNA (PCR).
- UV Spectrometer: Measure the concentration of purified proteins.
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) reader: Measure the size and/or state of aggregation of each sample.